Saturday started out like Friday: I lost consistently, but enjoyed myself.
After playing Puerto Rico, Eric, Cathy, and I made a pilgrimage to the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in Lititz, PA. What we didn't know was that the entire town of Lititz was shut down for some sort of craft festival. We eventually made it to the Wilbur factory store, where we stocked up on chocolate and sweets, but it was cutting things close.
The Manifest Destiny heat was pretty miserable -- I was stuck playing with people who bitched, moaned, threatened, and cajoled about every single decision someone made. The leader frequently whined about being targeted by the other players. This dragged out a 3 hour game to being only 2/3 done at the 4 hour mark. Shudder!
Finally, and 9pm, there were the RoboRally semi-finals, which were the highlight of the day. The game was close and hard-fought, with lots of robot interaction. Three of the players from my board advanced to the finals, including myself.
- 10am, Race for the Galaxy (RFG) Heat 3, I took 4th in a 4-player game.
- 11am, Puerto Rico (PRO) Heat 3, I took 4th in a 4-player game.
- 3pm, Manifest Destiny (MFD) Heat 3, I took 5th in a 5-player game.
- 4pm, RoboRally (RRY) Heat 2, skipped -- already qualified.
- 4pm, Ticket To Ride (TTR) Heat 2, skipped in favor of Manifest Destiny.
- 4pm, Race for the Galaxy (RFG) Heat 4, skipped in favor of Manifest Destiny.
- 9pm, RoboRally (RRY) Semi-Finals, qualified for finals! I took 2nd out of 5 at my board, missing the victory by 2 turns.